088 – Facilities Engineer
Position Title: Facilities Engineer
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must submit a completed application, self-ID form, and a current resume to be considered for position.
Terra Energy is looking for motivated technical professionals to join our team, supporting our Piceance Basin asset. This role will be responsible for Engineering and Project Management of upstream facility design, procurement and construction activities. The successful candidate will work with reservoir, drilling, completions, production, land, regulatory, and operations to determine project scope and prioritization.
- Design gathering systems, well production facilities, compressor stations, salt water disposal facilities, fluid tank batteries, and other required surface facilities.
- Utilize the drilling schedule and other stakeholder inputs to set priorities for work to continually stay ahead of the rigs in order to get new wells to sales.
- Act as project manager for all projects in coordination with planning group to ensure all necessary reviews, approvals, regulatory permitting, ROWs, etc are completed in a timely manner to support project schedule and company goals.
- Provide coordination between engineering, operations, construction, regulatory, legal, EHS, accounting, and marketing to ensure proper project scopes are met safely, on time and within budget.
- Work with field personnel and production engineering to identify optimization projects that would increase production or decrease operating expenses. Manage the project from inception, through engineering, and into operations.
- Assist with contract bid process – including construction, materials, and 3rd party engineering when required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- B.S. in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or related engineering degree
- Field and Design experience with upstream facilities processes such as flowlines, gathering, compression, salt water disposal, pump operations, meter stations, etc.
- Field experience with installation and working with construction teams – in house and 3rd party.
- Field and office experience with project management of construction and installation of systems.
- Experience with project budget and schedule management.
- Understanding of measurement, controls, and instrumentation.
- Experience with gathering system hydraulic modeling.
- Experience with contracts for engineering, construction, and procurement.
- Be able to read and interpret P&ID, PFD, and pipeline alignment sheets.
- Understand LOE and capital budgeting process and impacts on cash flow.
- Ability to complete work with limited supervision.
- Effective communicator with all personnel from field staff to executive management.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, inclusive of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including all forms of communication, conflict management, relationship development, collaboration and ability to successfully influence others. (Will be required to work with operations engineers, asset team members, marketing, land, legal, field superintendents, etc.)
- Understanding of process modeling software such as HYSYS or Promax a plus.
- Familiarity with pipeline ROW agreements, settlements and land owner issues
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Terra will not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future
- May include oversite responsibilities with engineering and construction contractors.
- Lead a collaborative work environment between field and office staff.
- Will require approximately 25% travel to well/drill site locations.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. Please reference “Job #088” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.