105 – Production Engineer
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must also submit a completed application, self-ID form, and a current resume to be considered for position.
Job Number: 105
Position Title: Production Engineer
- Conducts a broad scope of engineering in conjunction with other departments to maximize the profitability of company assets and producing wells
- Works directly with field production supervisor and operators to drive efficiencies in all aspects of Lease Operating Expenses including surface and subsurface maintenance, chemical treatment program, etc.
- Leads periodic well reviews with Operations and Asset Teams
- Conducts routine well surveillance, troubleshooting and identification of production optimization opportunities
- Prepares well workover procedures, cost estimates, project economics, and AFE documentation for submission to management
- Oversees maintenance workover operations for wells within assigned fields and provides technical support to ensure quality control during critical operations such as logging, perforating, cement squeezing, stimulation, etc.
- Supports regulatory requirements throughout well’s producing life up to and including P&A
- Develops and implements processes for optimum artificial lift and natural flow in wells; accountable for maximizing well productivity using sound value judgement for assigned fields
- BS or MS in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- Eight years (plus) of experience in oil and gas production
- Relevant and recent gas well experience including plunger lift design, gas lift design, and general gas well de-watering techniques
- Solid understanding of completions, multiphase fluid flow, wellbore hydraulics, reservoir characterization, well stimulation and economic analysis
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and be comfortable presenting to the management team
- Can work independently with little supervision
- Collaborates with team members (other technical staff/field staff/etc.) to arrive at best solutions
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SpotFire, Access, etc. a plus
- Must be able to travel occasionally to the field office
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Terra will not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. Please reference “Job #105” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.