106 – Regulatory Specialist
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must also submit a completed application, self-ID form, and a current resume to be considered for position.
Position Title: Regulatory Specialist
Job Number: 106
Work Location: Parachute, Colorado / Remote
Reporting to: Regulatory Manager
The Regulatory Specialist is responsible for submitting high quality operational permits and forms to municipal, state, and federal agencies in support of Terra’s mission and operational compliance. This position supports the Regulatory and Operations departments in the preparation of fillings required for oil and gas operations in the Piceance Basin and collaborates with other technical support necessary for operational success.
- Responsible for filing state Oil and Gas Development Plans and forms, and federal APD submittals and all required subsequent reporting actions and sundry notices up to and including well spud and final abandonment.
- Actively participate in and contribute to field development planning processes to ensure accurate and timely submission of necessary permits and forms.
- Responsible for working with other planning and permitting team members to achieve full-cycle completion of the well permitting process and ensure compliance with all applicable state/federal regulations pertaining to said processes.
- Maintain well files and internal tracking systems to identify upcoming regulatory requirements/filings, permit statuses, and stipulations/conditions of approval.
- Monitor and track status of permit and sundry preparation and agency review and make certain all annual updates, renewals, and reports are submitted to state, federal, and local municipal entities on time.
- Interface with drilling, completion, and production personnel to ensure permit requirements and standards are properly integrated and aligned with permitting strategy.
- Keep company informed of any changes to permit requirements to ensure compliance
- Provide technical support and assist in special projects and research as required.
- The Regulatory Specialist will interact with federal and state officials and play a key role in asset team planning efforts.
Preferred Requirements and Key Skills
- Minimum 3+ years of Colorado oil and gas permitting experience.
- 2-4 year degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Federal, Colorado, and local oil and gas regulations.
- Basic working knowledge of land, drilling and production field operations.
- Experience working with the BLM’s AFMSS II and the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission WebForm system, and knowledge of NEPA is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to change direction quickly.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in multiple cross discipline team-oriented groups.
- Proficient in technical writing and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong Computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, this position is eligible to participate in the company’s medical, dental and vision insurance plan, as well as, welfare benefits to include life insurance and short term and long term disability coverages. This position is eligible to participate in the company’s 401(K) program and is eligible for an annual bonus. The salary range for the position is $75,000 – $95,000, based on knowledge, skill, ability, experience and performance.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to email@example.com along with your resume. Please reference “Job #106” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.