114 – Planning Specialist
Candidates must submit a current resume to be considered for position. Include the job title and job number in your submission.
Position Title: Planning Specialist
Location: Parachute, CO
Reports to: Manager – Planning
Terra Energy Partners (TEP) is looking for a motivated professional to join our team, supporting the development and maintenance of our Piceance Basin asset. This position will be responsible for coordination of cross functional development projects, including preparation and delivery of required development plans for regulatory agency review within TEP’s Piceance Basin operations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Development Planning & Permitting
- Coordinate with multiple departments to develop plans and permitting documents that meet company objectives and Federal, State, and local permitting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of plans for development projects by coordinating with operational groups (drilling, completions, production, environmental, etc) and regulatory agencies, to ensure operational needs are identified before permitting.
- Coordinate land survey work, plat preparation, road design, state access permits, visual impact analysis, construction staking, pad construction as-builts, interim reclaim as-builts, pipeline as-builts, and erosion control plans.
- Coordinate with federal and state agencies to develop plans that meet agency requirements.
- Work alongside TEP’s Land Department to ensure proposed development plans are communicated effectively with private landowner(s) and agreements are executed as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Coordinate, produce, and manage project required documents and exhibits including Plan of Development, Form 2A figures and plans, Injection/UIC exhibits, and other products required for permitting.
- Participate in Notice of Staking, and APD onsites with BLM.
- Manage planning projects from initiation to permit submittal to ensure deliverables and permits are submitted on-time for operational execution.
- Coordinate construction staking and attend construction onsite(s) to ensure sites are built according to permitted construction plan.
- Coordinate the preparation of as-builts based on landowner and agency requirements.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendor include Noise, Lighting, Environmental, Engineering, and Geotechnical Engineering contractors to ensure project deliverables are completed on schedule.
- Review all development plan documents for accuracy and insure they meet regulatory standards.
- Prepare plans and/or exhibits to support submittal of Federal, State, and local permits at the direction of the planning manager or in support of interdisciplinary team.
- Process, manage, and review field data from land surveyors and ensure accuracy.
- Manage proposed facility GIS data such as proposed gas, water, and oil pipelines.
- Review and process as-built data for integration into GIS database.
- Assists in managing GIS production data and implementation of data management processes.
- Prepare exhibits for Land agreements (SUA, easements, ROW, etc…)
- Analyzes impact of potential regulatory requirements.
- 2-4 year degree in engineering technology, environmental sciences, geology, geography, GIS, or related field.
- 0-5 years of Colorado oil and gas experience with an understanding of oil and gas operations including construction, drilling, completion, geology, etc..
- 0-5 years of experience in oil and gas regulatory and/or planning.
- Experience utilizing ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop applications preferred.
- Ability to confidently and respectfully interface with regulatory agency personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to change direction quickly.
- Experience in regulatory, planning, or GIS role preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in multiple cross discipline team-oriented groups.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in technical writing and attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of basic office applications, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of and ability to use GPS equipment.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, this position is eligible to participate in the company’s medical, dental and vision insurance plans, as well as, welfare benefits to include life insurance and short and long term disability coverages. This position is eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) program and is eligible for an annual bonus. The salary range for the position is $55,000 – $70,000 annually, based on knowledge, skill, ability, experience and performance.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status:
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. Please reference “Job #114” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.