121 – Corporate Accountant
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must also submit a completed application, self-id form and a current resume to be considered for position.
Job Number: 121
Position Title: Corporate Accountant
Work Location: Houston, Texas
Terra Energy Partners is seeking a Corporate Accountant for the Houston office. This position is responsible for key processes in the corporate level month-end close. The successful candidate will have experience with US GAAP, a strong attention to detail, and a proactive work approach.
- Responsible for the preparation of corporate level journal entries including, but not limited to, various general and administrative “G&A” expenses, equity units, debt, derivatives and insurance.
- Analyze monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, variances to forecast, and reconciliation of various G&A accounts.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports for executive management and investors.
- Assist with technical accounting research and the recording of complex transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with the audit of the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of various disclosures and supporting documentation for our interim and annual financial statements.
- Assist in chart of accounts maintenance request/governance process to ensure consistency.
- Maintain existing internal controls over the corporate accounting function and work with others in organization to periodically review, improve and update key processes and related control descriptions.
- Advise on process improvement initiatives related to the corporate accounting function and assist in developing formal policies and procedures as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned by department managers, including working with external consultants on tax and valuation projects.
- A range of other ad hoc analytical and accounting based tasks, as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation desirable.
- 5-10 years’ work experience in corporate accounting, financial reporting, audit or related area.
- E&P industry accounting experience desirable.
- Strong understanding of W Energy ERP system.
- Must learn quickly, be self-directed and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status:
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to email@example.com along with your resume. Please reference “Job #121” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.