127 – Rotating Equipment Technician/Mechanic
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must also submit a completed application, self-id form, and a current resume to be considered for position.
Position Title: Rotating Equipment Technician/Mechanic
Work Location: Parachute, Colorado
Reporting to: Production Superintendent
Job No.: 127
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining rotating equipment such as water pumps, chemical pumps, electric motors, air compressors, generators, and gas compressors. Will be responsible for weekly checks of pump operations, checking oil levels, temperatures, vibration readings and checking for leaks on mechanical seals. Will be expected to keep sites/equipment clean and organized. Keep maintenance scheduling and tracking up to date. Maintain an accurate inventory of spare parts and supplies needed for scheduled maintenance. Lead contractors when needed. Position requires strict adherence to company, state and federal safety rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years of mechanical maintenance experience.
- Ability to maintain and repair multiple types of pumps including centrifugal, positive displacement, multistage centrifugal, progressive cavity, and peristaltic pumps. Must be able to perform preventive maintenance, rebuilds, and mechanical seal replacements. (Training or certification preferred)
- Ability to maintain and repair various rotating equipment including gearboxes, mixers, fans, air compressors, electric motors, and internal combustion engines.
- Must be proficient in Laser Shaft Alignments (training preferred).
- Must be able to understand pump curves and manuals.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and general understanding of oil and gas field operations including basic natural gas compressor knowledge.
- Must demonstrate experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to safely and responsibly operate a company assigned vehicle.
- Must be able to work in adverse outdoor conditions (including hot summer days and cold winter conditions).
- Must be able to work overtime regularly and be willing to be on call 24/7 if needed.
- Must be able to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Must communicate well with others and collaborate to get work done efficiently.
- Willing to work in hazardous environment.
- Must have US work authorization.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Relevant oilfield experience preferred.
- Knowledge of power generation a plus.
- Experience using automation a plus.
- Experience with pumps a plus.
- Experience welding a plus.
- Climbing stairs.
- Stooping and bending downward while performing work duties.
- Crouching while performing work duties.
- Working on knees while performing work duties.
- Pushing/Pulling on tools, varying from little to extreme force.
- Swinging hammers of various sizes.
- Lifting heavy objects.
- Repetitive motion.
An employee in this job is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, often exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and has a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. All field activities require proper PPE including steel toed boots, FRC clothes, hardhat, safety rated eye protection, gloves, or applicable hand protection.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, this position is eligible to participate in the company’s medical, dental and vision insurance plans, as well as welfare benefits to include life insurance and short and long term disability coverages. This position is eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) program and is eligible for an annual bonus. The salary range for the position is $30-$36 per hour, based on knowledge, skill, ability, experience, and performance.
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. Please reference “Job #127” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.