129 – FACILITIES ENGINEER
Candidates must include job number on submitted resume to be considered for position. Candidates must also submit a completed application, self-id form and a current resume to be considered for position.
Job Number: 129
Position Title: Facilities Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Terra Energy is looking for motivated technical professionals to join our team, supporting our Piceance Basin asset. This role will be primarily responsible for Operations and Maintenance oversight of facilities infrastructure including several mid-size compressor stations (120 mmcfd combined), gathering pipelines, and various smaller compression installations throughout the field. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring operating expenses, assisting in annual budgeting efforts, and executing optimization projects from time to time to help enhance overall value of the assets/operation.
This person will be part of team with responsibilities that include but not limited to:
- Analyze operations of company gathering and compression infrastructure to optimize reliability, operability, and operating costs.
- Due to field declines, significant retrofit/plant turndown is anticipated. Candidate must have project management experience in design, construction, and commissioning of compressor stations and be familiar with applicable engineering codes and standards (ASME B31.3, B31.8, etc)
- Work with field personnel and production engineering to identify optimization projects that would increase production or decrease operating expenses, and manage said projects from inception through engineering, and into operations.
- Provide coordination between reservoir teams, production engineering, operations, procurement, legal, accounting, and marketing to ensure proper project scopes are met safely, on time and within budget.
- Assist with contract bid process – including construction, materials, and 3rd party engineering.
- Be able to read and interpret P&ID, PFD, and pipeline alignment sheets.
- Understand LOE and capital budgeting process and impacts on cash flow.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience including plant and/or compression station O&M
- B.S. in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or related engineering degree
- Must possess experience with design, installation, and operations of pipelines and compression stations
- Must possess commercial experience and mindset
- Must possess experience with project budget and schedule management.
- Experience with gathering system hydraulic modeling.
- Experience with a mid to large cap E&P preferred
- May include oversite responsibilities with engineering and construction contractors.
- Understanding of measurement, controls, and instrumentation.
- Understanding of process modeling software such as HYSYS or Promax a plus
- Lead a collaborative work environment between field and office staff.
- Ability to complete work with limited supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, inclusive of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including all forms of communication, conflict management, relationship development, collaboration and ability to successfully influence others. (Will be required to work with operations engineers, asset team members, marketing, land, legal, field superintendents, etc.)
- Will require approximately 25% travel to field locations.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Terra will not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future
Terra is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Download the application form, voluntary self id, fill it out and send it to email@example.com along with your resume. Please reference “Job #129” within your email or in the subject reference. Terra HR will review the information and get back to those who will be considered further.